Minnesota Land Improvement Contractors Program for LICA Members
If you are a land improvement contractor in Minnesota, it's important to be aware of the environment and that is why so many contractors are members of LICA (Land Improvement Contractors of America). It takes added effort and expense to perform work which is not harmful to the environment and you should be rewarded for your efforts. Thankfully, you can receive special rates and assistance from United Fire Group (UFG) when you go through your independent insurance agent. Here is an example of standard coverage you receive from the program:
General Liability Insurance
The cost of one large lawsuit can be more than enough to ruin a business. Every contractor needs sufficient liability protection because anything can happen at any time, especially with heavy equipment. With insurance from UFG you have limits defined per project and two more important features:
- Automatic additional insured endorsement - this is an important inclusion because it automatically insures people or businesses you need to add on a specific project. It eliminates the need to contact your agent each time you make a change.
- Blanket subrogation waiver - suppose a landscaping company subcontracts an electrical contractor and one of the workers does not make a proper installation. In fact, it results in a fire which destroys and apartment building. The landscaper's insurance company will pay for the apartment building damage and an investigation may reveal the landscaper as 30 percent at fault. Without a waiver of subrogation, the insurance company could seek to recover 30 percent of the claim from the landscaping business. With this waiver in place, the landscaping business is not liable for any damages.
Commercial Vehicle Insurance
You have your choice of several insurance options so your coverage can be customized to your company's needs. For example, you may include rental vehicles and an "employees as insured" endorsement. This is sometimes called ENOL or employer non-owned liability insurance. It provides important liability protection when your employees use their own vehicles while working for you. You also can choose a subrogation waiver.
This is often referred to as inland marine coverage but includes roads and highways, not just the water. It is an important coverage for any business hauling goods or equipment to and from the job site, because they may not be covered by standard insurance.
You also can also receive an installation floater. For example, if you are hauling an expensive piece of equipment to the job site for installation, it will be covered from the time you leave the warehouse or facility until the installation is completed. It may also cover rental equipment up to one hundred thousand dollars and a ten thousand dollar tool coverage.
You can also take out additional business coverage such as:
- Commercial property insurance
- Workman compensation - this is mandatory in Minnesota even with just one employee.
- Umbrella liability - can substantially increase your general liability limits and may extend to auto insurance, libel, slander and advertising injury.
Why Choose Insurance Brokers of MN for Land Development Insurance?
At Insurance Brokers of Mn, we understand the needs of our contractors. In fact, our President, Gary Sorenson has been a part of the home builders insurance market for three decades. We have programs specifically designed to protect today's construction companies.
Because we are an insurance brokerage, you have the benefit of comparison shopping done for you. We find you the right coverage by shopping many companies like: Acuity, Auto Owners, Hanover, UFG, USLI, State Auto & Zurich,
Our agents are very familiar with risk management issues and are here to provide you with complete coverage for your business including vehicle insurance, workman’s compensation, general liability, umbrella liability policies, and bonding.
To discover the many options of construction insurance available, just fill out the quote request form or you may
CALL US TODAY
Agents located in: Anoka, Ada, Austin, Bemidji, Blaine, Brandon, Brooklyn Center, Buffalo,
Byron, Cambridge, Cannon Falls, Dawson, Duluth, Forest Lake, Graceville, Grand Forks, Ham Lake, Hermantown, Hibbing, Inver Grove Heights, Isanti, Jordan, Lino Lakes, Little Falls, Maple Plain, Pequot Lakes, Richfield, Roseville, St Cloud, Stillwater, Thief River Falls, Waconia