Gary E. Sorenson started the agency on may 1st, 1977 as an agent for American Family Insurance. Over the years the agency received numerous awards including:
- Placing in the top 100 agents in yearly production 14 consecutive years.
- Placing in the top 10 agents in yearly production 8 times.
- Placing in the top 5 agents in yearly business insurance production the last 10 years.
- Ranked in the top 100 agencies in total premium volume size with American Family Insurance Company.
After 21 years, Gary made the decision to become independent to better serve his clients.
On September 1st, 1998, he formed Insurance Brokers of MN, Inc.
Insurance Brokers of MN is a family run company:
- Gary Sorenson, CEO
- Brita Sorenson, CFO who handles all the accounting
- Aaron Sorenson, Executive VP Director of Commercial Lines
- Aric Sorenson, Executive VP Director of Personal Lines
- Ashley Sutherland Executive VP management team
- Adam Sorenson in accounting
- Jamie Sorenson in accounting
We have grown from representing 5 major insurance companies to over 50, with 35 locations across the sate of Minnesota and 1 location in North Dakota and Wisconsin.
Our agents have been carefully selected to work with our company. They are experienced, highly motivated, and well respected in their communities, with ownership in their local agency operations.
- Always place the best interests of our clients above our own direct or indirect interests.
- Maintain the highest standards of professional competence and give the best possible advice to clients.
- Make full and adequate disclosures of all facts necessary to enable our clients to make informed decisions.
Thanks for visiting our site.
Gary Sorenson, CEA, CLCS, PLCS, CWCA, SBCS
Watch the video for more information about us!