Home Owners Insurance for Anoka

Homeowners Insurance is there to protect one of your most valuable assets, your home. There are several types of policies available and the coverage you have depends upon the type of policy you have and homeowners policies can be quite different and why you need an agent to assist you in finding the proper coverage.

Watch our Personal Insurance Risk Management video to see our specialized approached.

At Insurance Brokers of MN, located at 3351 Round Lake Blvd, Anoka, we have an expert team, including Agents, Gary Sorenson, Aaron Sorenson and Aric Sorenson and Account Managers, Patty Pairitz, Josh Anderson and Tawni Johnson. They are here to help identify your needs and provide you with the appropriate protection at the lowest cost.

Insurance Brokers of MN – Anoka services all of the North Metro, including Anoka, Ramsey, Andover ,Coon Rapids, Oak Grove, St Francis and Champlin. We represent dozens of A rated insurance carriers that provide a wide range of homeowners insurance products at a competitive price.

We shop the homeowners insurance market for you with companies like AAA, Allstate, Nationwide, Travelers, Auto Owners, Progressive, Chubb, Met Life, Kemper, Safeco, State Auto, The Hartford, UFG, Acuity and more! We Work For You!

Not only is our team dedicated to finding you the best coverage at the lowest price, we will also work to provide you with any discounts that are available to you. Package your auto and homeowners together and SAVE on your premiums.

Let our experienced team here on Main St, Anoka make Homeowners Insurance shopping easy and leave you confident in your coverages.

Give Aric , Aaron, Josh, Patty and Tawni a call for your free, no-obligation review and quote.

  • HO1 Basic or Standard policy
  • HO2 Broad form
  • HO3 Special (also called Deluxe, All Risk)
  • HO4 Renters policy
  • HO6 Condo policy
  • HO8 Older Home Policies

All homeowner policies are “package” policies. You get a group of coverages packaged into your policy for one overall premium. They include coverage on your building, your contents (furniture, clothing, etc.) and liability insurance in case you are sued, under the same policy. The property coverage is shown under Section 1, while the liability coverage is described under Section 2.

There is no better way to understand your homeowner policy than to read it! We suggest you pull out your policy and find the parts to your policy that correspond to the following explanations.

A typical policy consists of three things:

  1. The Declarations Page – that declares who, what and how much you are insuring, along with the date your coverage starts and the premium.
  2. The Policy Booklet – printed pages that contain the details of coverages and exclusions.
  3. Endorsements – separate pages, usually with endorsement numbers, that change (or endorse) specific parts of the policy.

Sometimes you are only given the original policy once in the beginning, then on renewal, to cut down expenses, you are just sent the Dec… page (declaration page) with the bill. It’s a good idea to save the original policies should you ever need to refer to them.

More detailed information:

The HO1 policy is very limited in coverage and is not being sold by most companies. The HO2 policy covers the basic perils of fire, lightning, explosion, smoke, hail, aircraft, riot, glass breakage, theft and damage caused by vehicles. It also adds additional coverage to broaden your policy. Those perils include damage caused by rupture of your water or heating pipes, falling objects (such as trees), collapse of the building, limited to electrical damage to appliances and others.

The HO3 policy is, by far, the most commonly sold policy. It covers everything the HO2 policy covers and more. Instead of listing the perils that are covered these policies cover all damage to the building except what is excluded. The usual exclusions are: wear and tear, termites, rotting, collapse of septic tank, flood, war, earthquake and a few others.

Some HO3 policies are referred to as “Deluxe” or “Special Form” policies depending upon the company.

Most policies cover your contents or belongings only for the perils named in an HO2 policy so wear and tear and normal breakage is not covered for your furniture and personal belongings. Be careful!

Your homeowner policy limits coverage on some items.
To keep the cost of insurance down your policy probably has limits on certain items. Typical limits are:

  • Cash – $200
  • Jewelry – $1,000
  • Firearms – $2,500
  • Silverware – $2,500

Check your policy carefully. If you see you don’t have enough coverage, find out how much it would cost to increase those limits or to buy special coverage.

Optional Coverage

In addition to special coverage for jewelry, silverware and furs, you can purchase specific coverage for such possessions as stamp or coin collections, fine arts, camera equipment, collectibles, watercraft and musical instruments, just to name a few.

Optional Increased Liability Coverage – Personal Umbrella Policy:

Protecting your family and assets is a top priority, which is why people have insurance. What happens if you find yourself in a situation where your homeowners, automobile or boat insurance is not enough? Well, that’s when a personal umbrella insurance policy could help protect your assets. So, if your liability coverage isn’t enough to pay for the damages of an accident you cause or a visitor’s injuries on your property, a personal umbrella insurance policy kicks in right where your underlying policy’s coverage left off up to $1,000,000. Higher personal umbrella limits are available.

Discuss your needs with TODAY.

Give Aric , Aaron, Josh, Patty or Tawni a call for your free, no-obligation quote at