Insurance Brokers of MN –Seth D. Metcalf
Contract in Minnesota, North and South Dakota
Agribusiness Insurance Expert
You can expect excellent service from Seth Metcalf as he specializes in Agri-business insurance vertical, Seth has spent years learning this business and understands the unique challenges facing today’s agricultural and related business. Matched with the knowledge, experience, and passion of a dedicated agribusiness Advisor, like Seth Metcalf.
Don’t go another minute without the best possible protection available!
Call Seth D. Metcalf at 701-640-2378
In-Sync with your Growing Agribusiness
We all depend on American agriculture’s survival and growth, yet few of us understand the unique challenges facing today’s farmers, and agribusiness companies. Their love of the land must be matched by their knowledge of advanced techniques and equipment. Their growing investments of capital must be protected. A commitment to provide comprehensive agriculture insurance to American farmers is the foundation of Seth Metcalf at Insurance Brokers of MN.
Commercial Agriculture Businesses
We provide insurance solutions to a wide range of agriculture businesses. Here are some of the business types we currently serve:
- Beet Sugar Manufacturing
- C – Stores
- C – Stores with Agronomy
- Farm Supplies Merchant Wholesalers
- Fertilizer Dealers and Distributors with Custom Mixing
- Food Distributors and Processors
- Grain Elevators
- Mills (Animal Feed Manufacturing, Feed Mills, Flour Milling, Grain)
- Farm Supply Stores
- Seed Cleaners/ Dealers
- Seed Merchants
- Soybean Processing
What is covered in Agri-Business Insurance?
Agricultural has always been a risky business. Many uncontrollable factors come into play – weather, vermin, or other natural catastrophes – that can destroy a crop and put an agricultural company in a bad financial situation. A variety of agricultural insurance options are available to farmers/agribusiness companies so they can receive compensation in the event of a poor season or catastrophic natural event:
Risk Reduction with Crop Insurance: A key element of risk reduction for farmers is crop insurance.
- Crop insurance – subsidized and regulated by the USDA-Risk Management Agency – is an important tool in managing financial risk associated with farming. It is intended to help farmers survive disasters and return to profitability, providing they purchase an adequate amount of protection.
- Livestock Insurance – The raising and farming of livestock can be just as risky as growing crops. You face the same kinds of challenges – fluctuating market prices, reduced yields (as in dairy farming), and the sickness or death of your animals. Livestock insurance can provide you with invaluable coverage in case of these kinds of challenges.
- Property and Casualty (P&C) Insurance – P&C insurance covers an agribusiness’s buildings and their contents — money and securities, accounts-receivable records, inventory, furniture, machinery and supplies when damage, theft, or loss occurs. If you hire employees to work for you, you need P&C insurance in case of injury on your property.